In part 5 of our mini series we focus on How to Win an Auctioneer Contest, Andy Imholte and Peter Gehres breakdown the first critical stage in auctioneer contests, introductions and interludes. With tips for you next competition as well as your business, there is something for everyone.
Introductions and Interludes
- Introduction are critical to success
- You can’t win a contest in the first 10 seconds, but you can lose it.
- The description of items or lots is your first opportunity to showcase your talent as a salesperson and auction profesional
- Sell on benefits, not features and advantages
- Intrudes are that space between selling and bid calling
- It’s not going to win a contest but carelessness may cause issues
- Loose lips sink ships
- Rehearse your introduction
- Pay special attention to your body language
- Purposeful movement
- Interpersonal Communications for Auction Professionals
- Be natural, be yourself, be your best self
- Know your elevator speech
- Dress/act for the business you want not the business you’ve got
- Calm yourself down and be confident, be natural.